Wednesday, July 16, 2008

DRESS FOR LESS

All of us want to keep up with the styles and trends, but this can be quite costly. There are a few ways to help make this a little less expensive. Watch for sales. If you see an item you really have your eye on , ask a sale associate when the store is having its next sale. You can even give the associate a description of the item, the size you need, and the associate will notify you when that particular item goes on sale. This keeps you from wasting your costly gas to see if the item is on sale. Another way to dress for less is to shop at Target, Wal-Mart, K-Mart, and Kohl's. All of these stores have clothes designed by actresses and designers who want to give you and I the opportunity to dress for less. Burlington Coat Factory is another good place to try. Also try consignment shops. I rarely spend more than $20.00 for an item on sale. I have purchased trousers that originally cost $88.00, and got them on sale for $20.00. I was lucky enough to find a Vera Wang shirt on sale for $6.80, the original price was $50.00.

I know you are thinking, why would I want to purchase clothing from a discount store, it won't last as long as something purchased from a top well known store. Well, the key is taking proper care of your clothing. Even though the care instructions say to day in the dryer, hang them up. I never ever dry my tops or trousers in the dryer. Also use the proper clothes hangers when you put them in the closet.

So look for those sales, and you will have a great dress for less wardrobe you will be proud of.

No comments: